Welcome to Homework Club!
A homework club is a safe, supportive and productive student meet-up out of school hours to assist students in completing their homework. Homework clubs provide vital support for children who do not otherwise have the help that they need.
Homework clubs can provide:
- a safe, quiet and calm space for students to concentrate
- a supportive environment
- one to one or small group support
- a chance to share knowledge
- an opportunity to build relationships
- an opportunity to develop good work habits and a positive attitude towards learning
- the chance to develop skills involved in becoming an independent learner.
After school, Homework Club is open every day to students in Grades 5 through 8. It is an extension of the school programs. All OLM school policies apply to student conduct and parental participation.
Homework Club is led by OLM teachers and provides a safe, secure place to complete assignments. Students may receive some individual direction, may work in small study groups, or can work individually. A snack is available and students may be given relaxation time as work is completed.
Students who are not picked up by 5:00pm will be sent to extended care in the OLM Clubhouse. There is a Drop-In Fee charged for this service.